Idumaeans sentence example
- He destroyed the temple of Gerizim and compelled the Idumaeans to submit to circumcision and embrace the laws of the Jews on pain of deportation.
- The Romans and the Idumaeans.
- The Zealots took refuge in the Temple and summoned the Idumaeans to their aid.
- The Idumaeans left, but John of Giscala remained master of Jerusalem.
- 24); just as Strabo regards the Jews, the Idumaeans, the Gazans and the Ashdodites as four cognate peoples having the common characteristic of combining agriculture with commerce.Advertisement
- A few centuries later, the Edomites (Idumaeans) were again closely connected with the Jews; an Idumaean dynasty - that of the Herods - ruled in Judah, and once more there must have been a considerable amount of intermixture.