Idealismus sentence example
- Without resigning his official position he lectured for a short time at Stuttgart, and 1 The reviews of current philosophical literature were afterwards collected, and edited under the title "Abhandlungen zur Erlauterung des Idealismus der Wissenschaftslehre" in 'Schelling's Philos.
- 1799); System des transcendentalen Idealismus (Tubingen, 1800); Bruno, oder fiber das gottliche and natiirliche Prinzip der Dinge (Berlin, 1802, ed.
- In Kant's Analogien der Erfahrung (1876) he keenly criticized Kant's transcendentalism, and in his chief work Idealismus and Positivismus (3 vols., 1879-1884), he drew a clear contrast between Platonism, from which he derived transcendentalism, and positivism, of which he considered Protagoras the founder.
- In the Biographia Literaria (1817) he says that in Schelling's Naturphilosophie and System des transcendentalen Idealismus he first found a general coincidence with much that he had toiled out for himself, and he repeated some of the main tenets of Schelling.
- His principal works are: Briefe iiher den neuesten Idealismus (1801); Versuch fiber die Principien der philosophischen Erkenntniss (1801); Fundamentalphilosophie (1803); System der theoretischen Philosophic (1806-1810), System der praktischen Philosophie (1817-1819); Handbuch der Philosophic (1820; 3rd ed., 1828); Logik oder Denklehre (1827); Geschichte der Philos.Advertisement
- Jacobi's next important work, David Hume fiber den Glauben, oder Idealismus and Realismus (1787), was an attempt to show not only that the term Glaube had been used by the most eminent writers to denote what he had employed it for in the Letters on Spinoza, but that the nature of the cognition of facts as opposed to the construction of inferences could not be otherwise expressed.
- Beside the works above quoted, he wrote System des reinen Idealismus (1851); Anthropologic and Psychologie auf naturwissenschaftlicher Grundlage (1874); a political treatise, Bismarck: Siiddeutschland and der deutsche Nationalstaat (1872); and Logisches Causalgesetz and natiirliche Zweckmassigkeit (1874).