Ichthyophis sentence example
- Sarasin (17), whose great work on the development of Ichthyophis is one of the most important recent contributions to our knowledge of the batrachians, Amphiuma is a sort of neotenic Caecilian, a larval form become sexually mature while retaining the branchial respiration.
- Winslow (18), who has made a study of 'the chondrocranium of Ichthyophis, concludes that its condition could not have been derived from a Urodele form, but points to some more primitive ancestor.
- - The skull of Ichthyophis glutinosus.
- Huxley's figures of the skull of a caecilian (Ichthyophis glutinosus), fig.
- Eggs protected by the parents who coil themselves round or "sit" on them.-Mantophryne, Desmognathus, Autodax, Plethodon, Cryptobranchus, Amphiuma, Ichthyophis, Hypogeophis, Siphonops.Advertisement