Ibrhim sentence example
- Many orders of Dervishes live in Egypt, the following being the most celebrated (1) the Rifhjh, and their sects the ~1lwhnia and Saadia; (2) the Qadiria (KShiria), or howling dervishes; (3) the Ahmedia, or followers of the sayyid Abmad alBaiJawi, and their sects the Beyumia (known by their long hair), Shinnawia, Sharawia and many others: and (4) the Baramia, or followers of the sayyid Ibrhim Ed-Deski.
- The murder of Ibrhim Bey took place in 1755, and his colleague Ri~lw~n perished in the disputes that followed upon it.
- Resuming his office he raised eighteen of his friends to the rank of bey, among them Ibrhim and Murd, who were afterwards at the head of affairs, as well as Mahommed Abul-Dhahab, who was closely connected with the rest of All Beys career.
- Ismll Bey now became Sheik al-B alad, but was soon involved in a dispute with Ibrhim and Murad, who after a time succeeded in driving IsmaIl out of Egypt and establishing a joint rule (as Sheik al-B alad and Amir al-I.Ijj respectively) similar to that which had been tried previously.
- After the battle of Ambabah, at which the forces of both Murd Bey and IbrhIm Bey were dispersed, the populace readily plundered the houses of the beys, and a deputation was sent from al-Azhar to Bonaparte to ascertain his intentions; these proved to be a repetition of the terms of his proclamation, and, though the combination of loyalty to the French with loyalty to the sultan was unintelligible, a good understanding was at first established between the invaders and the Egyptians.Advertisement