Iberica sentence example
- The iron tree (Parrotia persica), the silk acacia, Carpinus betulus, Quercus iberica, the box tree and the walnut flourish freely, as well as the sumach, the pomegranate, and the Gleditschia caspica.
- Of later date have been the Revista iberica (1861-1863), conducted by Sanz del Rio; La America (1857-1870), specially devoted to American subjects and edited by the brothers Asquerino; Revista de Cataluna, published at Barcelona; Revista de Espana; Revista contempordnea; Espana moderna (1889), and Revista critica (1895).
- Coronilla Minima - similar to C. iberica, but smaller; a pretty rock plant.
- Iris Atro-Purpurea - This Iris may be considered as coming within the iberica group, as the foliage is not unlike that kind, and the stem, though always of some length, never rises very high.
- Iris Barnumae - This Iris, a native of the hills of Kurdistan, belongs to the iberica group.Advertisement
- Iberian Flag (Iris Iberica) - One of the most singular of Iris.
- Iris Mariae - Belongs to the iberica group, and was discovered on the confines of Egypt and Palestine.
- The rhizome is compact, rather slender, the foliage being not unlike that of iberica, but narrower.
- The flowers, on a stem of about 6 inches high, are somewhat smaller than I. iberica, of a uniform lilac color, though marked with veins, but the uniformity is broken by a conspicuous "signal" patch of deep purple on the fall.
- The leaves are narrower than I. iberica, and for the most part erect, the stem being about 6 inches in length, more or less, but it seems to vary a good deal.Advertisement