Iazyges sentence example
- In the autumn of 169 two of the German tribes, the Quadi and the Marcomanni, with their allies the Vandals, Iazyges and Sarmatians, renewed hostilities and, for three years, Aurelius resided almost constantly at Carnuntum.
- IAZYGES, a tribe of Sarmatians first heard of on the Maeotis, where they were among the allies of Mithradates the Great.
- Nothing is heard of Iazyges or Sarmatae after the Hunnish invasions.
- Graves at Keszthely and elsewhere in the Theiss valley, shown by their contents to belong to nomads of the first centuries A.D., are referred to the Iazyges.
- Their chief divisions were the Rhoxolani (q.v.), the Iazyges, with whom the Romans had to deal on the Danube and Theiss, and the Alani.Advertisement