Iasion sentence example
- In the agrarian legends of Iasion and Erysichthon, Demeter also plays an important part.
- Iasion (or Iasius), a beautiful youth, inspired her with love for him in a thrice-ploughed field in Crete, the fruit of their union being Plutus (wealth).
- Some scholars, identifying Iasion with Jason, regard Thessaly as the original home of the legend, and the union with Demeter as the iEpen 'yaµos of mother earth with a health god.
- It is possible that the story may originally have been connected with tree-worship. Here again, as in the case of Iasion, a conflict between an older and a younger cult seems to be alluded to (for the numerous interpretations see O.
- Having slain his brother Iasius or Iasion (according to others, Iasius was struck by lightning), Dardanus fled across the sea.Advertisement
- (1) The Arcadian Atalanta was the daughter of Iasius or Iasion and Clymene.
- PLUTUS, in Greek mythology, son of Iasion and Demeter, the personification of wealth.
- By Zeus she was the mother of Dardanus, Iasion (or Eetion), and Harmonia; but in the Italian tradition, which represented Italy as the original home of the Trojans, Dardanus was her son by a king of Italy named Corythus.
- 917), the Cabeiri were Dardanus and Iasion.
- By the Egyptians this constellation was symbolized as a couple of young kids; the Greeks altered this symbol to two children, variously said to be Castor and Pollux, Hercules and Apollo, or Triptolemus and Iasion; the Arabians used the symbol of a pair of peacocks.Advertisement
- PLUTUS, in Greek mythology, son of Iasion and Demeter, the personification of wealth (7rXouros).