Higher-order sentence example
- The Standard ML core language is not a pure applicative programming language, it is a higher-order procedural language with an applicative subset.
- For example, a belief can give rise to a higher-order belief without thereby being phenomenally conscious.
- Higher-order logic is now one of the standard formalisms used for verifying digital designs.
- Quine famously claimed that the use of higher-order quantifiers commits to sets, irrespective of the intended subject matter of the theory.
- For example, adolescents find it easier than children to comprehend the sorts of higher-order, abstract logic inherent in puns, proverbs, metaphors, and analogies.Advertisement