Hexavalent sentence example
- Group VI.: 0, usually divalent, but tetravalent and possibly hexavalent in oxonium and other salts; S, Se, Te, di-, tetraand hexa-valent; Cr, di-, triand hexa-valent; Mo, W, di-, tri-, tetra-, pentaand hexa-valent.
- Group VIII.: Fe, Co, divalent and trivalent; Ni, divalent; Os, Ru, hexavalent and octavalent; Pd, Pt, divalent and tetravalent; Ir, tri-, tetraand hexa-valent.
- On heavy metals: lead, mercury, cadmium and hexavalent chromium will be banned from vehicle components by 1 January 2003.
- The message was clear change from the carcinogenic hexavalent form to less hazardous trivalent form where possible or face increasing restrictions and controls.
- For example, one study found hexavalent chromium in a product which is the toxic and carcinogenic form of the mineral.Advertisement