Heidenmauer sentence example
- Kreuznach was evidently a Roman town, as the ruins of a Roman fortification, the Heidenmauer, and various antiquities have been found in its immediate neighbourhood.
- 2) as Fontes Matthiaci were known to the Romans, who fortified the place c. i i B.C. The massive wall in the centre of the town known as the Heidenmauer was probably part of the fortifications built under Diocletian.
- There are also some Roman remains, the Heidenmauer, and a fine modern fountain, the Reichsbrunnen.
- of the town; and in the neighbourhood rises the Kastanienberg, with the ancient rude stone fortification of the Heidenmauer or Heathen's Wall.
- His next three novels, The Bravo (1831), The Heidenmauer (1832) and The Headsman: or the Abbaye of Vigneron (1833), were designed to exalt the people at the expense of the aristocracy.Advertisement