Hegius sentence example
- ALEXANDER HEGIUS [VON HEEK] (c. 1 433 - 1 49 8), German humanist, so called from his birthplace Heek in Westphalia.
- Hegius died at Deventer on the 7th of December 1498.
- Hegius's chief claim to be remembered rests not upon his published works, but upon his services in the cause of humanism.
- Hegius," in the Monatsschrift far Westdeutschland (1877); H.
- Crecelius, "Alexander Hegius and seine Schuler," from the works of Johannes Butzbach, one of Hegius's pupils, in Zeitschrift des bergischen Geschichtsvereins, vii.Advertisement
- Erasmus was at Deventer from 1475 to 1484, and when he left, had learnt from Johannes Sinthius (Syntheim) and Alexander Hegius, who had come as headmaster in 1483, the love of letters which was the ruling passion of his life.
- The gymnasium is descended from the Latin school of which the celebrated Alexander Hegius was master in the third quarter of the 15th century, when the young Erasmus was sent to it, and at which Adrian Floreizoon, afterwards Pope Adrian VI., is said to have been a pupil about the same time.