Hebrus sentence example
- The most distinguishing features of the country were the chain of Rhodope (Despoto-dagh) and the river Hebrus (Maritza).
- The Hebrus, together with its tributaries which flow into it from the north, east and west, drains almost the whole of Thrace.
- He was active in completing the subjugation of the Balkan hill-country to the west and north, and in reducing the Greek cities of the coast as far as the Hebrus (Maritza).
- In 347 Philip advanced to the conquest of the eastern districts about the Hebrus, and compelled the submission of the Thracian prince Cersobleptes.
- of the Aegean Sea, nearly opposite the mouth of the Hebrus, and lying N.Advertisement