Hebraica sentence example
- c. 3, p. 31; Wolf, Bibliotheca hebraica, i.
- The results of textual criticism, including a considerable number of conjectural emendations, are succinctly presented in Kittel's Biblia Hebraica (1906); but the text here printed is the ordinary Massoretic (vocalized) text.
- Bodin's De Republica in 1606, but the Grammatica Latina, Graeca et Hebraica, attributed to him by Anthony Wood and others, is the work of the Rev. Hanserd Knollys (c. 1599-1691), a Baptist minister.
- Vulgate) ab Hebraica veritate, 1 333.
- The father of Hebrew study among Christians was the humanist Johann Reuchlin (1455-1522), the author of the Rudimenta Hebraica (Pforzheim, 1506), whose contest with the converted Jew Pfefferkorn and the Cologne obscurantists, established the claim of the new study to recognition by the Church.Advertisement
- 17-19," Hebraica (1894); " The Original Form of Leviticus," JBL (1897, 1898); " The Holiness Code and Ezekiel," Pres.
- Ward, Hebraica (1886), pp. 79-86; McCurdy, Presb.