Hebraeorum sentence example
- Spencer in his De legibus Hebraeorum saw in the Passover a practical protest against the Egyptian worship of Apis.
- In geography he found a field hardly touched since Samuel Bochart, in whose footsteps he followed in the Spicilegium geographiae hebraeorum exterae post Bochartum (1769-1780); and to his impulse we owe the famous Eastern expedition conducted by Carsten Niebuhr.
- 2nd ed., Berlin, 1897); John Spencer, De legibus Hebraeorum ritual-thus (Tubingae, 1732); Art.
- The year of the publication of Astruc's book saw also the publication of Bishop Lowth's De sacra poesi Hebraeorum: later.
- His most important works were Palaestina ex veteribus monumentis illustrata (Utrecht, 1 714), and Antiquitates sacrae veterum Hebraeorum.Advertisement
- A distinction is drawn in Deuteronomy between the ordinary annual tithe, which may not have been a full tenth, and the "whole" or "full tithe," paid once in three 1 For other instances see Spencer, De legibus hebraeorum, lib.
- imperio, and was afterwards incorporated in the translator's Chronologia Hebraeorum of 1584; a German version appeared at Prague in 1695, and another at Jessnitz in 1723.
- librorum Hebraeorum in bibliotheca Bodleiana, cols.