Hdhp sentence example
- A high-deductible health plan (HDHP) that covers large hospital bills.
- A high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can be purchased through an insurance broker, agent, or company.
- In order to take advantage of health savings accounts, you must first be covered by a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
- Sometimes called a "catastrophic" health plan, a HDHP is much less expensive than traditional Medical Insurance.
- Of course, after a certain point, medical expenses will be covered by your HDHP.Advertisement
- Though it does not cost anything to open an HSA, as of 2006, your HDHP minimum deductible must be at least $1,050 (individual coverage) or $2,100 (family coverage).
- With an HSA, you are only allowed to make contributions equal to the amount of the deductible on your HDHP.
- For example, if you choose a HDHP that has a deductible of $1,200, you may not deposit more than $1,200 into your HSA in a single year.