Hbsag sentence example
- implicated donation was HBsAg negative by PRISM and Murex and was anti-HBc negative and HBV DNA negative by PCR.
- The test detects one of the viral antigens called hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in the blood.
- Later on, HBsAg may no longer be present, in which case a test for antibodies to a different antigen, called hepatitis B core antigen, is used.
- If HBsAg can be detected in the blood for longer than six months, chronic hepatitis B is diagnosed.
- Hepatitis B can be identified through a blood test for the hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in pregnant women.Advertisement
- Hepatitis B: Infants born to mothers who test positive to the HBsAg test should be treated with hepatitis B immune globulin at birth to give them immediate protection against developing hepatitis B.
- The hepatitis B vaccine consists of a small protein from the surface of the hepatitis B virus called the hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg).
- After vaccination with HBV, the child's immune system recognizes HBsAg as foreign and produces antibodies that attach to the protein (anti-HBs).
- The HBsAg in HBVs is referred to as recombinant because it is genetically engineered.
- The gene encoding the DNA for HBsAg is introduced into common baker's yeast.Advertisement
- The yeast is grown in vats in which large amounts of HBsAg are produced.
- The yeast cells are broken, and the HBsAg is isolated and purified.
- Mothers with acute or chronic infectious hepatitis B can be identified by a blood test for HBsAg.
- A child's immune response to either hepatitis B infection or to HBV can be measured by a blood test for antibodies to HBsAg (anti-HBs).
- Most states do not have laws mandating the screening of pregnant women for HBsAg.Advertisement