Hawara sentence example
- Petrie, Hawara, Biahmu, and Arsinee (London, 1889); Kahun, Gurob and Hawara (1890); V.
- remain at Illahan, Dahshur and Hawara.
- Between 1888 and 1890 he was at work in the Fayum, opening up Hawara, Kahun and Lachish; and in 1891 he discovered the ancient temple at Medum.
- (1886); Hawara (1889); Kahun (1899); Illahun (1891); Medum (1892); Tell el Amarna (1895); Koptos (1896); Nogada (1896); Six Temples at Thebes (1897); Deshashek (1897); Denderek (1900); Diospolis (1901); Abydos I.
- It was the work of Amenemhe III., of the 12th dynasty, who lived about 2300 B.C. It was first located by the Egyptologist Lepsius to the north of Hawara in the Fayum, and (in 1888) Flinders Petrie discovered its foundation, the extent of which is about l000 ft.Advertisement
- Flinders Petrie, Hawara, Biahmu, and Arsinoe, 1889).
- below sea-level on the north-west, at the margin of the Birket-el-Kerun, this province is wholly irrigated by a canalized channel, the Bahr Yusuf, which, leaving the Nile at Derut esh Sherif in Upper Egypt, follows the western margin of the cultivation in the Nile valley, and at length enters the Fayum through a gap in the desert hills by the XIIth Dynasty pyramids of Lahun and Hawara (see FAYUM).
- Immediately to the north of it is the pyramid of Hawara, in which the mummies of the king and his daughter have been found (see W.