Hawah sentence example
- " To be " in the Hebrew of the Old Testament is not hawah, as the derivation would require, but hayah; and we are thus driven to the further assumption that hawah belongs to an earlier stage of the language, or to some older speech of the forefathers of the Israelites.
- A root hawah is represented in Hebrew by the nouns howah (Ezek., Isa.
- The derivation of Yahweh from hawah is formally unimpeachable, and is adopted by many recent scholars, who proceed, however, from the primary sense of the root rather than from the specific meaning of the nouns.
- hawah, " sink, glide down " (through space); hawwa " blow " (wind).
- hawah or Arab.Advertisement