Hatchett sentence example
- Bergman (1784) Charles Hatchett (1798) and others also expressed views with regard to the constitution and origin of bitumens.
- Of these early writers, Hatchett is the most explicit, the various bituminous substances being by him classified and defined.
- These elements occur in the minerals columbite and tantalite, and their compounds became known in the early part of the 19th century by the labours of C. Hatchett, A.
- COLUMBIUM, or Niobium (symbol Cb or Nb, atomic weight 94), one of the metallic elements of the nitrogen group, first detected in 1801 by C. Hatchett in a specimen of columbite (niobite) from Massachusetts (Phil.
- - Hatchett found that the alloy of i i parts gold and i part of iron is easily rolled without annealing.Advertisement
- In 1801 C. Hatchett detected a new element, which he named columbium, in a mineral from Massachusetts, and in 1802 A.