Hashimiya sentence example
- The other party, that of the ultra-Shiites, named Hashimiya after Abu Hashim the son of Mahommed b.
- He resided outside the town with the Khorasanian troops, and with them went first to Hira, then to Hashimiya, which he caused to be built in the neighbourhood of Anbar.
- In 758 (others say in 753 or 754) a body of 600 sectaries, called Rawendis (q.v.), went to Hashimiya, the residence of the caliph, not far from Kufa.
- The name of Hashimiya, which the reigning family still retained, was henceforward derived not from Abu Hashim, but from Hashim, the grandfather of Abbas, the great-grandfather of the Prophet.
- When the tumult of the Rawendis took place he saw clearly that his personal safety was not assured in Hashimiya,' where a riot of the populace could be very dangerous, and his troops were continually exposed to the perverting influence of the fickle and disloyal citizens of Kufa.Advertisement
- A son of Mahommed the Alid had escaped to India, where, 1 This Hashimiya near Kufa is not to be confused with that founded by Abul-Abbas near Anbar.
- extravagant Moslem sectaries as the Hashimiya,the real Khorrami were not Moslems, but Persian Mazdaqites, or communists.