Hashim sentence example
- All these claim descent from a member of the Hashim branch of the Koreish (Mahomet's tribe), !who founded a powerful state in the Zaila district.
- `Abdallah ibn Zobair (of the house of Hashim) immediately stepped forward in Mecca as the avenger of `Ali's family and the champion of religion.
- The accession of Abul 'Abbas (of the house of Hashim) and the transference of the capital of the caliphate from Damascus to Kufa, then Anbar and soon after (in 760) to Bagdad meant still further degradation to Arabia and Arabs.
- It is even surprising to find among the leading men so few of the house of Hashim, the nearest family of the Prophet.
- Suleiman was kind towards the Alids and was visited by several of them, amongst others by Abu Hashim, the son of Mahommed b.Advertisement
- The other party, that of the ultra-Shiites, named Hashimiya after Abu Hashim the son of Mahommed b.
- al-Ilanafiya, and at his decease his son Abu Hashim, from whom Mahommed b.
- The name of Hashimiya, which the reigning family still retained, was henceforward derived not from Abu Hashim, but from Hashim, the grandfather of Abbas, the great-grandfather of the Prophet.
- Thus, though the name of Sufi (see SurIIsM) is first applied to Abu Hashim, who died in Syria in 150 A.H.