Harzburg sentence example
- Harzburg >>
- of Brunswick on the railway to Harzburg.
- sought to win the allegiance of the Saxons by residing among them, and built a castle at Goslar and the Harzburg; and the emperor Henry IV.
- On the 19th of May 1218 he died at the Harzburg after being loosed from the ban by a Cistercian monk, and was buried in the church of St Blasius at Brunswick.
- Henry was surprised by a band of rebels in his fortress at the Harzburg; he fled to Hersfeld and appealed to the princes for support, but he could not compel them to aid him and they would grant him nothing.Advertisement
- Zealously carrying out the conditions of the peace, the peasants not only battered down the detested forts, they even destroyed the chapel at the Harzburg and committed other acts of desecration.
- The castle on the Burgberg called the Harzburg is famous in German history.
- See Delius, Untersuchungen fiber die Geschichte der Harzburg (Halberstadt, 1826); Dommes, Harzburg and seine Umgebung (Goslar, 1862); Jacobs, Die Harzburg and ihre Geschichte (1885); and Stolle, Fiihrer von Bad Harzburg (1899).
- The cure is greatly helped by the fresh air and sunshine of such places, among which are Interlaken, Rigi-Scheideck and Weggis in Switzerland; Ischl and Meran in Austria; Harzburg, Reichenhall and Sanct Blasien in Germany.
- Among the more popular places of resort are Harzburg, Thale and the Bodethal; Blankenburg, with the Teufelsmauer and the Hermannshohle; Wernigerode, Ilsenburg, Grund, Lauterberg, Hubertusbad, Alexisbad and Suderode.Advertisement
- HARZBURG, a town of Germany, in the duchy of Brunswick, beautifully situated in a deep and well-wooded vale at the north foot of the Harz Mountains, at the terminus of the BrunswickHarzburg railway, 5 m.