Harthama sentence example
- The caliph on learning that the revolt was due to Ali's tyranny, sent Harthama b.
- On the very day of his arrival, Harthama b.
- He was here reinforced by troops sent from Khorasan under the command of Harthama b.
- Tahir continued his victorious march, conquered Ahwaz, took Wasit and Madain, and pitched his camp near one of the gates of the capital, where he was rejoined by Harthama.
- He resolved to treat with Harthama, as he was averse to Tahir; but this step caused his ruin.Advertisement
- Tahir succeeded in intercepting him on his way to Harthama, and immediately ordered him to be put to death.
- Harthama was ordered to return to Khorasan; Tahir was made governor of Mesopotamia and Syria, with the task of subduing Nasr b.
- At Kuf a a certain Ibn Tabataba placed an army in the field under Abul-Saraya, who had been a captain in the army of Harthama.
- Sahl hastily sent a messenger to Harthama b.
- Harthama, who was deeply offended by his dismissal, refused at first, but at last consented, and at once checked the tide of disaster.Advertisement
- Harthama, having vanquished Abu'l-Saraya, did not go to Hasan b.
- Fadl, informed of his intentions, filled the caliph's mind with distrust against the old general, so that when Harthama arrived Mamun had him cast into prison, where he died shortly afterwards.
- Mamun had found out also that the general uneasiness was largely due to his treatment of Harthama and Tahir, the latter having been put in a rebellious country without the men and the money to maintain his authority.