Harrod sentence example
- Harrodsburg was founded on the 16th of June 1774 by James Harrod (1746-1793) and a few followers, and is the oldest permanent settlement in the state.
- Harrod, Report on Deeds, &c., of King's Lynn (1874); Victoria County History: Norfolk.
- The first permanent English settlement was established at Harrodsburg in 1774 by James Harrod, and in October of the same year the Ohio Indians, having been defeated by Virginia troops in the battle of Point Pleasant (in what is now West Virginia), signed a treaty by which they surrendered their claims south of the Ohio river.
- See Victoria County History, Essex; Charters and Letters Patent granted to the Borough of Colchester (Colchester, 1903); Morant, History of Colchester (1748); Harrod's Report on the Records of Colchester (1865); Cutts, Colchester (Historic Towns) 1888; J.
- On leaving school in 1953 David Ellis took up an apprenticeship in slating at Collyweston with the master slater and quarry owner J.J Harrod.Advertisement