Haro sentence example
- It was noted with anxiety by his enemies that he was succeeded in the king's confidence by his nephew the count of Haro.
- as the middle of the Strait of Georgia and then down the middle of this strait and Haro Strait, and along the middle of the channel of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, which separate it from Vancouver Island; on the E.
- Shortly after 1846, the British began to assert that the Rosario Strait and not Haro Strait (as the Americans held) was the channel separating the mainland and Vancouver Island, thus claiming the Haro Archipelago of which San Juan was the principal island.
- In Biscay the counts of Haro were lords of Biscay from 1093 to 1350.
- The premature royalist rising, however, in August 1659 was defeated, and Charles, who had awaited the result on the coast of Brittany, proceeded to Fuenterrabia on the Spanish frontier, where Mazarin and Luis de Haro were negotiating the treaty of the Pyrenees, to induce both powers to support his cause; but the failure of the attempt in England ensured the rejection of his request, and he returned to Brussels in December, visiting his mother at Paris on the way.Advertisement
- Mecia Lopez de Haro, furnished a pretext.
- Luiz de Haro at Elvas.
- Luiz de Haro, acting as the Spanish plenipotentiary, obtained the inclusion in the treaty of a secret article by which France undertook to give no further aid to Portugal.
- Bilbao, or Belvao, as it was often called, was founded by Don Pedro Lopez de Haro about 1300, and soon rose into importance.
- SAN JUAN (or HARO) Islands, an archipelago (San Juan, Orcas, Shaw, Lopez, Blakely, Cypress, &c.) lying between Vancouver Island and the mainland of North America.Advertisement
- Geographically the cluster certainly belongs to the mainland, from which it is separated by Rosario Strait, generally much under 50 fathoms in depth, while Haro Strait, separating it from Vancouver Island, has depths ranging from ioo to 190 fathoms. In 1873 the islands, formerly considered part of Whatcom county, Washington, were made the separate county of San Juan.
- You begin one day with a visit to one of the many famous bodegas in Haro complete with wine tasting.