Harney sentence example
- above their base, the highest peak, Harney, having an altitude above the sea of 7216 ft.
- In sharp contrast to the surrounding plains the climate is subhumid, especially in the higher Harney region.
- above the sea; the highest point is Harney Peak in the Black Hills, which rises to a eight of 7216 ft.
- Upon this limestone plateau there is a central area of high ridges, among them the rough crags of Harney, Custer and Dodge peaks.
- east-west, reaching an altitude in Harney Peak of 7216 ft., and an effective relief over the plains of 2000 or 3000 ft.Advertisement
- The Upper Sonoran life-zone comprises south-eastern Montana, central, eastern and north-eastern Wyoming, a portion of south-western South Dakota, western Nebraska and Kansas, the western extremity of Oklahoma, north-western Texas, eastern Colorado, south-eastern New Mexico, the Snake plains in Idaho, the Columbia plains in Washington, the Malheur and Harney plains in Oregon, the Great Salt Lake and Sevier deserts in Utah, and narrow belts in California, Nevada and Arizona.
- wide, lying in parts of Crook, Lake and Harney counties.
- ni O r Harney Lake Slletz Reservatlo H 4.
- Malheur Lake, in Harney county, during the wet, season is about 25 m.
- is Harney Lake, roughly circular in form and about 7-8 m.Advertisement
- The waters of both lakes are alkaline, but Malheur Lake is often freshened by overflowing into Harney Lake, while the latter, having no outlet, is growing continually more alkaline.
- Sage-hens are occasionally seen on the dry plateaus and valleys, especially in Harney county.
- There is some roofing slate along the Rogue river, natural cement, nickel ore, bismuth and wolframite in Douglas county, gypsum in Baker county, fire-clay in Clatsop county, borate of soda on the marsh lands of Harney county, infusorial earth and tripoli in the valley of the Deschutes river, chromate of iron in Curry and Douglas counties, molybdenite in Union county, bauxite in Clackamas county, borate of lime in Curry county, manganese ore in Columbia county, and asbestos in several of the southern and eastern counties.
- On Harney's removal in April 1861, Lyon promptly assumed the command, called upon Illinois to send him troops, and mustered the Missouri contingent into the United States' service.Advertisement
- Jackson, and but for the express prohibition of Harney, who had resumed the command, would have proceeded at once to active hostilities.
- In all this Lyon had co-operated closely with Francis P. Blair, Jr., who now obtained from President Lincoln the definitive removal of Harney and the assignment of Lyon to command the Department of the West, with the rank of brigadiergeneral.