Harmahib sentence example
- Harmahib (Horemheb) resumed the work at Karnak, erecting two great pylons and a long avenue of sphinxes.
- At length a general named Harmahib, who had served under Akhenaton,came to the throne as a whole-hearted supporter of the old religion; soon Aton and his royal following suffered the fate that they had imposed upon Ammon; their monuments were destroyed and their names and figures erased, while those of Ammon were restored.
- onwards the years of the reigns of the heretics were counted to Harmahib, and Akhenaton was described as that criminal of Akhetaton.
- Harmahib had to bring order as a practical man into the longneglected administration of the country and to suppress the extortions of the official classes by severe measures.
- Harmahib appears to have legitimated his rule by marriage to a royal princess, but it is probable that Rameses I., who suc XIxlh ceeded as founder of the XIXth Dynasty, was not Dynasty, closely related to him.Advertisement