Harklean sentence example
- and Apoc. were supplied in the Philoxenian version of 508, and retained in the Harklean revision of 616.
- But he never added 2 Peter, Jude, 2 and 3 John, or the Apocalypse, and the text of these books, which is sometimes bound up with the Peshito, really is that of the Philoxenian or of the Harklean version.
- of the Harklean version, to have been made in A.D.
- The Harklean Version.
- It should be noted that when Tischendorf speaks of Syr utr he means the Peshito and the Harklean.Advertisement
- [There is no satisfactory critical edition of this version, nor have the Philoxenian and the Harklean been disentangled from each other.
- There is little room for doubt that the Harklean was based on the Philoxenian, and the Philoxenian was based on the Peshito, the revision being made in each case by the help of the Greek MSS.
- The like must be said even of the contribution to the problem made by August Pott,' though he has helped to define one condition of success - the classification of the strata in " Western " texts - and has taken some steps in the right direction, in connexion with the complex phenomena of one witness, the Harklean Syriac.