Harfleur sentence example
- His father died at the siege of Harfleur, and his elder brother was killed at Agincourt on the 25th of October 1415.
- He crossed from Harfleur to Wales with Henry in August 1485, and was present at the battle of Bosworth; then followed for him a series of ecclesiastical preferments, the most important of which was to the deanery of York.
- could run over to his continental dominions in a day or two days; Dieppe and Harfleur were close to Portsmouth and Hastings.
- He landed near the mouth of the Seine, and commenced his campaign by besieging and capturing Harfleur, which the Orleanists made no attempt to succour.
- Having accompanied the king to Harfleur in August 1415, Courtenay was attacked by dysentery and died on the 15th of September 1415, his body being buried in Westminster Abbey.Advertisement
- The sole tangible asset of the campaign was ~ the possession of Harfleur, the gate of Normandy, a second Calais in its advantages when future invasions were taken in hand.