Hanwell sentence example
- Such are that of the London Necropolis Company at Brookwood near Woking, Surrey, and that of the parishes of St Mary Abbots, Kensington, and St George, Hanover Square, at Hanwell, Middlesex.
- HANWELL, an urban district in the Brentford parliamentary division of Middlesex, England, 102 m.
- The Hanwell lunatic asylum of the county of London has been greatly extended since its erection 1831, and can accommodate over 2500 inmates.
- Before the Norman period the manor of Hanwell belonged to Westminster Abbey.
- On his return he joined two of his friends, Dolben and Fell, afterwards respectively archbishop of York and bishop of Oxford, then resident at Oxford, and later joined the household of Sir Antony Cope of Hanwell, near Banbury.Advertisement
- saw two jays on the way up to Hanwell bottom lock.
- The third, Derwent (1800-1883), a distinguished scholar and author, was master of Helston school, Cornwall (1825-1841), first principal of St Mark's College, Chelsea (1841-1864), and rector of Hanwell (1864-1880); and his daughter Christabel (b.