Hankel sentence example
- Hankel and M.
- Hankel Theorie der complexen Zahlensysteme (Leipzig, 1867); O.
- Hermann Hankel has pointed out the readiness with which the Hindus passed from number to magnitude and vice versa.
- Although this transition from the discontinuous to continuous is not truly scientific, yet it materially augmented the development of algebra, and Hankel affirms that if we define algebra as the application of arithmetical operations to both rational and irrational numbers or magnitudes, then the Brahmans are the real inventors of algebra.
- Hankel, Zur Gesch.Advertisement
- Hankel, Zur Geschichte der Mathematik (Leipzig, 1874); G.
- Hankel still further improved the dry pile electrometer by giving a slow motion movement to the two plates, and substituted a galvanic battery with a large number of cells for the dry pile, and also employed a divided scale to measure the movements of the gold-leaf (Pogg.