Handsworth sentence example
- FRANCIS ASBURY (1745-1816), American clergyman, was born at Hamstead Bridge in the parish of Handsworth, near Birmingham, in Staffordshire, England, on the 10th of August 1 745.
- Headingley was added in 1868, Handsworth in 1881.
- SMETHWICK, a municipal and county borough in the Handsworth parliamentary division of Staffordshire, England, 3 m.
- Finding that the bad quality of the steel then available for his products seriously hampered him, he began to experiment in steel-manufacture, first at Doncaster, and subsequently at Handsworth, near Sheffield, whither he removed in 1740 to secure cheaper fuel for his furnaces.
- ilex aquifolium ' Handsworth New Silver ' also has purple stems but is female and so has the bonus of masses of berries.Advertisement