Hamuns sentence example
- above sea, where all the main rivers flow northward to the Mediterranean, the Arctic Sea, or the Caspian; a central section of depression, where the drainage is lost in swamps or hamuns, and of which the average level probably does not exceed 2000 ft.
- Of these Lop Nor and the Helmund hamuns are typical.
- Such lakes (in common with all the plateau hamuns of south-west Baluchistan and Persia) change their form and extent from season to season, and many of them are impregnated with saline deposits from the underlying strata.
- The principal rivers are the Mashkid and that of Bampur which flow away from the sea and are lost in depressions called hamuns.
- till it falls into the Seistan hamuns, or swamps, by various mouths.Advertisement