Hampole sentence example
- Before the middle of the century Richard Rolle, the hermit of Hampole 1349), turned into English, with certain additions and omissions, the famous Commentary on the Psalms by Peter Lombard.
- by Richard Rolle of Hampole (Oxford, 1884); cf.
- Middendorff, Studien fiber Richard Rolle von Hampole unter besonderer Beriicksichtigung seiner Psalmen-Commentare (Magdeburg, 1888).
- The Lollards, for instance, did not hesitate to introduce into certain copies of the pious and orthodox Commentary on the Psalms by the hermit of Hampole interpolations of their own of the most virulently controversial kind (MSS.
- in the British Museum in his Handschriften des Pricke of Conscience (Berlin, 1888); Studien fiber Richard Rolle von Hampole enter besonderer Berficksichtigung seiner Psalmencommentare, by H.Advertisement
- RICHARD ROLLE DE HAMPOLE (d.
- Finally he removed to Hampole, near Doncaster, invited by an inmate of the Cistercian nunnery of St Mary.
- The best collection is by C. Horstmann, Yorkshire Writers: Richard Rolle of Hampole; An English Father of the Church and his Followers ' Gesner in 1 555 said that the bird was thus called, and for this reason, near Strassburg, but the name seems not to be generally used in Germany, where the bird is commonly called Rake, apparently from its harsh note.