Hamdani sentence example
- The other great work of Hamdani is the Iklil (Crown) concerning the genealogies of the Himyarites and the wars of their kings in ten volumes.
- For other works said to have been written by Hamdani cf.
- Hamdani (q.v.) was led to write his great geography of Arabia by his love for the ancient history of his land.
- With the exception of what the South-Arabian Hamdani relates of his own observation or from authentic tradition, the Mahommedan Arabic accounts of South Arabia and Sabaea are of little worth.
- The famous dam of Ma'rib and its sluices were the work of this ancient prince - structures which Arnaud in the 19th century found in the same state in which Hamdani saw them a thousand years ago.Advertisement
- The Sabaeans also recognize `Athtar; but with them he is superseded by Almaqah, who, according to Hamdani, is the planet Venus, and therefore is identical with `Athtar.
- The moon-god Sin appears on an inscription of Shahwat; but, according to Hamdani, Haubas, " the drier," was the Sabaean moon-god.