Hamasen sentence example
- Thq latter retreated south of the river Mareb, leaving the whole of the cis-Mareb territory, including the provinces of Hamasen, Agameh, Sera and Okul-Kusai, in Italian hands.
- It is built on the Hamasen plateau, near its eastern edge, at an elevation of 7800 ft., and is some 40 m.
- By the Abyssinians the Hamasen plateau was known as the plain of the thousand villages.
- The plateau is known by various names, the region directly west of Massawa being called Hamasen.
- The Baraka (otherwise Barka) and Anseba rise in the Hamasen plateau near Asmara within a short distance of each other.Advertisement
- The six regions or principal provinces are: - Asmara, which includes Hamasen and other small districts; Keren, which comprises the high territories to the north of Asmara, i.e.
- This power had, by the advice of Werner Munzinger, their Swiss governor of Massawa, seized and occupied in 1872 the northern province of Bogos; and, later on, insisted on occupying Hamasen also, for fear Bogos should be attacked.
- When Werner Munzinger became French consul at Massawa, he entered into a scheme for annexing the Hamasen (of which Asmara was then the capital) to France, but the outbreak of the war with Germany in 1870 brought the project to nought (cf.
- The chief town in the interior is Asmara, the capital of the colony and under the Abyssinians capital of the province of Hamasen, and favourite headquarters of Ras Alula (see below and also Abyssinia).