Halyburton sentence example
- JAMES HALYBURTON (1518-1589), Scottish reformer, was born in 1518, and was educated at St Andrews, where he graduated M.A.
- Thomas Halyburton >>
- James Halyburton >>
- In the same year appeared Sermons on Various Subjects (2 vols.), the Church Companion, or Sermons on Several Subjects, and a recommendatory epistle to the Life of Thomas Halyburton.
- THOMAS HALYBURTON (1674-1712), Scottish divine, was born at Dupplin, near Perth, on the 25th of December 1674.Advertisement
- They were published as follows: Natural Religion Insufficient, and Revealed Religion Necessary, to Man's Happiness in his Present State (1714), an able statement of the orthodox Calvinistic criticism of the deism of Lord Herbert of Cherbury and Charles Blount; Memoirs of the Life of Mr Thomas Halyburton (1715), three parts by his own hand, the fourth from his diary by another hand; The Great Concern of Salvation (1721), with a word of commendation by I.
- See Halyburton's Memoirs (1714).