Halton sentence example
- In r086 Erthebrand held Knutsford immediately of William FitzNigel, baron of Halton, who was himself a mesne lord of Hugh Lupus earl of Chester.
- In the 13th century, as part of the barony of Halton, the manor passed to Henry, earl of Lincoln, who by a charter dated 1282 declared the town a free borough, with a gild merchant and numerous privileges, including power to elect a mayor, a catchpole and an aletaster.
- At the Conquest Wallasey formed part of the possessions of Robert de Rhuddlan, and on his decease became part of the fee of Halton.
- William de Vesci claimed liberties and exemptions in Caythorpe, of which he was summoned to render account at the sheriff's tourn at Halton.
- only chronic heart disease produces more disability ': Dr. Ben Green, Consultant in Psychological Medicine, Halton Hospital.Advertisement
- lune aqueduct No 107 and Halton Road Bridge No 108 in the distance.
- The railroad charged motorists 1p to cross the Lune Halton Castle is an earthwork motte and bailey.
- Examples include so-called ' scrambled ' and ' shuffled ' Halton sequences.
- The route westwards beyond the Pennines provided links with areas centered round Halton, Heysham, Preston and Kendal.