Haliclystus sentence example
- - Haliclystus auricula.
- On the other hand, such a form as Lucernaria or Haliclystus may be regarded simply as a scyphistoma which has become adult and mature.
- Nevertheless a comparison between Lucernaria and its close ally Haliclystus shows clearly that the absence of sense-organs in the former is the result of secondary reduction, so that a true medusa may lose its most characteristic feature.
- Lucernaria, without, and Haliclystus (fig.
- It resembles in general appearance a polyp, lacking even the characteristic medusan sense-organs, which are present, however, in the allied genus Haliclystus (fig.Advertisement
- Each taeniola is similar in its anatomical relations to the similarly named structures in Haliclystus (fig.