Half mile sentence example
- While the walk was less than a half-mile, Ouray's 7,800-foot elevation and the uphill rise caused Dean to quicken his breathing—one more reminder to get in shape.
- While the crow-flies distance across the gaping gorge was only a half-mile, Dean was at least twenty minutes away in driving time.
- The port is formed by a stone reef running parallel with and a half-mile from the shore line, within which vessels of light draft find a safe anchorage, except from southerly gales.
- The half-mile of foreshore separating the port from the lagoon was in1904-1907pierced by a canal, but the canal silted up as soon as cut, and in 1908 the French decided to make Grand Bassam the chief port of the colony.
- While the walk was less than a half-mile, Ouray's 7,800-foot elevation and the uphill rise caused Dean to quicken his breathingâ€”one more reminder to get in shape.Advertisement
- Before his mind had a chance to act, two yellow beams of a headlight broke around the curve of the roadway a half-mile below him and began a slow climb to where he stood.
- From an airplane a half-mile above white pelican nesting grounds here, the giant birds are hard to miss.
- This station, which was built in 1883-1888 and has replaced the three stations belonging to private companies, which formerly stood in juxtaposition on the Anlagen (or promenades) near the Mainzer Tor, lies some half-mile to the west.
- The athletic side of the movement has been represented in national and international races by vegetarians winning the Berlin and Dresden walking match (125 m.), the Carwardine Cup (too m.) and Dibble Shield (6 hours) cycling races (190t and 1902), the amateur championship of England in racquets and in tennis (held by Mr Eustace Miles for a series of years), the cycling championship of India (3 years), half-mile running championship of Scotland (1896), world's amateur cycle records for all times from 4 hours to 13 hours (1902), too miles championship Yorkshire Road Club (1899, 1901).
- Many are overjoyed to get the equivalent of cold, hard cash to buy what they really want without having to wait through the usual half-mile, post-Christmas line at the exchange and returns counter.Advertisement
- The family's property is completely fenced in and there is a large metal gate at the end of the half-mile long driveway.