Halbherr sentence example

halbherr
  • Halbherr, Rapporto, &c., Honumenti antichi, 1903) and elsewhere (Palaikastro, Zakro and Gournia).
    0
    0
  • Halbherr on behalf of the Italian Archaeological Mission and subsequently carried out by L.
    0
    0
  • nearer the Libyan Sea than Phaestus, a small palace or royal villa was discovered by Halbherr and excavated by the Italian Mission.
    0
    0
  • There halve also come to light remains of a great domed mortuary chamber of primitive construction containing relics of the Early Minoan period (Halbherr, Monumenti Antichi, xiii.
    0
    0
  • In the lower sanctuary the natural pillars of stalagmite had been used as objects of worship, and bronze votive objects thrust into their crevices (Halbherr, Museo di antichitd classica, ii.
    0
    0
    Advertisement
  • Milchhdfer (Anfdnge der Kunst) had called attention to certain remarkable examples of archaic Greek bronze-work, and the subsequent discovery of the votive bronzes in the cave of Zeus on Mount Ida, and notably the shields with their fine embossed designs, shows that by the 8th century B.C. Cretan technique in metal not only held its own beside imported Cypro-Phoenician work, but was distinctly ahead of that of the rest of Greece (Halbherr, Bronzi del antro di Zeus Ideo).
    0
    0
  • The great monument of Gortyna discovered by Halbherr and Fabricius (Monumenti antichi, iii.) is the most important monument of early law hitherto brought to light in any part of the Greek world.
    0
    0
  • Among other Greek remains in the island may be mentioned, besides the great inscription, the archaic temple of the Pythian Apollo at Gortyna, a plain square building with a pronaos added in later times, excavated by Halbherr G 3' ?
    0
    0
  • Halbherr.
    0
    0
  • Halbherr and P. Orsi, Antichita dell' antro di Zeus Ideo in .Creta (Rome, 1888).
    0
    0
    Advertisement
  • The exploration begun by the Italian Mission under Halbherr and continued by Evans, who found here the inscribed libation table (see above), was completed by Hogarth in 1900.
    0
    0