Halakoth sentence example
- 2 However this may be, the independent Halakoth (where the oral decisions are interpreted or discussed on the basis of the Old Testament) were gradually collected and arranged according to their subject in the Mishnah and Tosephta (Talmud, § 1), while in the halakic Midrashim (where the decisions are given in connection with the biblical passage from which they were derived) they follow the sequence of the text of the Old Testament.
- of collecting halakoth (" legal decisions ") has been ascribed.
- Azariah, a collection of traditional halakoth was formed in the tractate Eduyyoth (larger than and not to be identified with IV., 7 above).
- Consequently, towards the close of the second century a thoroughly comprehensive effort was made to reduce the halakoth to order.
- The halakoth are fuller and sometimes older than the corresponding decisions in the Mishnah, and the treatment is generally more haggadic. 1 The method of making the discussions part of an interpretation of the Old Testament (halakic Midrash), as exemplified in the Tosephta, is apparently older than the abstract and independent decisions of the Mishnah - which presuppose an acquaintance with the Pentateuchal basis - and, like the employment of narrative or historical Midrash (e.g.Advertisement