Halakhah sentence example
- The application of this oral law is called Halakhah, the rules by which a man's daily "walk" is regulated.
- The halakhah was by no means inferior in prestige to the written Law.
- Traditional teaching was, however, not confined to halakhah.
- It began, as a method, with the Sopherim (though there are traces in the Old Testament itself), and was most developed among the Tannaim and Amoraim, rivalling even the study of halakhah.
- Meanwhile, if agadic exegesis was popular in the centuries following the redaction of the Mishna, the study of halakhah Talmud.Advertisement
- The development of Talmudic Law (or Halakhah) was much indebted to this rabbi, whose influence in all branches.