Hala sentence example
- Mats were also made of the leaves of the hala tree (Pandanus odoratissimus).
- As they proceed southwards, their best marked ranges are in turn known as the Safed Koh, the Suliman and the Hala mountains.
- The Hala, Brahui and Pab mountains, forming the southern hilly offshoots between India and Baluchistan, have a much less elevation.
- Artistic pottery is made at Hyderabad, Karachi, Tatta and Hala, and also at Multan and Lahore in the Punjab.
- The " megalithic " monuments of Agia Phaneromeni 1 and Hala Sultan Teke near Larnaca may perhaps be early, like the Palestinian cromlechs; but the vaulted chamber of Agia Katrina near Enkomi seems to be Mycenaean or later; and the perforated monoliths at Ktima seem to belong to oil presses of uncertain but probably not prehistoric date.Advertisement
- In the north of the presidency on the right bank of the Indus, the Hala mountains, a continuation of the great Suleiman range, separate British India from the dominions of the khan of Kalat.
- Hala >>
- The main tourist attraction is the nearby mosque of Hala Sultan Tekke, which draws pilgrims from across the Moslem world.
- venerated islamic site - the third most important after Mecca and Medina - the Hala Sultan Tekke.
- Also on Cyprus is another highly venerated islamic site - the third most important after Mecca and Medina - the Hala Sultan Tekke.Advertisement
- Halasana is from the Sanskrit word hala, meaning "plow."
- For nearly 20 years, yoga instructor Hala Khouri has guided thousands of individuals along their yoga path.
- Visit Hala Khouri's website for more information about her classes and workshops.