Haileybury sentence example
- From 1818 to 1824 he was professor of law and general politics in the East India Company's College at Haileybury.
- He studied first at the Edinburgh Academy, then for two years under the Rev. Thomas Dale, the poet, in Kent, passed one session at Glasgow University in 1833, and, having chosen the career of the Indian civil service, completed his studies with distinction at Haileybury College.
- He was educated at the grammar school of Irvine, the university of Glasgow, and the East India Company's College at Haileybury.
- In 1805 Malthus married happily, and not long after was appointed professor of modern history and political economy in the East India Company's College at Haileybury.
- (1854-), headmaster, first of Haileybury and then of Eton.Advertisement
- In 1824 he was offered a writership in the Indian civil service, and went for a short time to Haileybury College; where he was distinguished for proficiency in Oriental languages.
- "ALLAN OCTAVIAN HUME (1829-1912), English ornithologist and Indian administrator, son of Joseph Hume (see 13.884), was born June 6 1829 and educated at Haileybury and London University.