Haffs sentence example
- See Berendt, Geologie des Kurischen Haffs (Konigsberg, 1869); Sommer, Das Kurische Haff (Danzig, 1889); A.
- The area, including rivers and lakes but not the haffs or lagoons on the Baltic coast, is 208,830 sq.
- Its haffs fronting the mouths of the large rivers must be regarded as lagoons or extensions of the river beds, not as bays.
- Long narrow alluvial strips called Nehrungen, lie between the last two haffs and the Baltic. The Baltic coast is further marked by large indentations, the Gulf of LUbeck, that of Pomerania, east of Rugen, and the semicircular Bay of Danzig between the promontories of Rixhoft and Brusterort.
- The fisheries in the lakes and haffs are of some importance; but the only mineral product of note is amber, which is found in the peninsula of Samland in greater abundance than in any other part of the world.Advertisement