Haereticorum sentence example
- In 434, three years after the council of Ephesus, he wrote the Commonitorium adversus profanas omnium haereticorum novitates, in which he ultimately aims at Augustine's doctrine of grace and predestination.
- There is no sufficient evidence of this, but there exists a decree of the second council of Vaisori (529), asserting its use as already established in the East propter haereticorum astutiam, and ordering its adoption throughout the churches of the West.
- Of Tertullian's works should be mentioned: De praescriptione haereticorum, especially Adversus Marcionem, Adversus Hermogenem, and finally Adversus Valentinianos (entirely founded on Irenaeus).
- martyres (perhaps the earliest of all), De baptismo haereticorum (now lost), De baptismo, De poenitentia, De oratione (the last three written for catechumens), De patientia, Ad uxorem Libri II., De praescriptione haereticorum, and Adv.
- Of great moment also is the De praescriptione haereticorum, in which the jurist is more clearly heard than the Christian.Advertisement
- Rowlands was a zealous Roman Catholic, and in 1587 he published at Antwerp Theatrum Crudelitatum haereticorum, in which he criticized the treatment of the Roman Catholics in England under Elizabeth so freely that when a French translation of the book appeared in the following year he was thrown into prison at the instance of the English ambassador in Paris.