Haereses sentence example
- The Statements of Irenaeus are found (a) in his Adversus haereses, iii.
- No objection has been made against the genuineness of the statements in the Adversus haereses, but the authenticity of the two letters has been stoutly contested in recent times by van Manen.
- He was followed by Irenaeus, who, especially in the first book of his treatise Adversus haereses (EXE yxov Kai i.va:ponr* T1jS 1/Ã† UScobyoV 'yvCJQEWS Otf3XLa 7rEPTE, c. A.D.
- On Irenaeus, and probably also on Justin, Hippolytus drew for his Syntagma (beginning of the 3rd century), a work which is also lost, but can, with great certainty, be reconstructed from three recensions of it: in the Panarion of Epiphanius (after 374), in Philaster of Brescia, Adversus haereses, and the Pseudo-Tertullian, Liber adversus omnes haereses.
- omnes haereses often appended to De praescriptione; or the poems Adv.Advertisement
- Haereses of Irenaeus, and in the de Antichristo and commentary on Daniel of Hippolytus.
- Haereses, i.
- He was followed by Irenaeus, who, especially in the first book of his treatise Adversus haereses (EXE yxov Kai i.va:ponr* T1jS 1/Ãƒâ€ UScobyoV 'yvCJQEWS Otf3XLa 7rEPTE, c. A.D.