Haeli sentence example
- But before the prelate could reach the country, Selassie was dead (1847), leaving his eldest son, Haeli Melicoth, to succeed him.
- Dissensions broke out among the Shoans, and after a desperate and futile attack on Theodore at Debra-Berhan, Haeli Melicoth died of exhaustion and fever, nominating with his last breath his eleven-year-old son Menelek 2 as successor (November 1855).
- Darge, Haeli's brother, took charge of the young prince, but after a hard fight with Angeda, one of Theodore's rases, was obliged to capitulate.
- 1811 Becurraye Sella Selassie = Woizero Betsabesh (1795-1847) Haeli Melicoth = Ejigayu (1825-1855) Menelek II.
- 1844 I son Zauditu Tanina Work (dead) (Judith) (daughter) On the retirement of Theodore's forces from Shoa in 1855, Siefu, brother of Haeli Melicoth, proclaimed himself negus of Shoa at Ankober, and beat the local representatives of the northern government.Advertisement