Hadadezer sentence example
- HADAD, the name of a Syrian deity, is met with in the Old Testament as the name of several human persons; it also occurs in compound forms like Benhadad and Hadadezer.
- of Hadadezer, king of Zobah, to the north of Palestine (see David's war, 2 Sam.
- David, however, after his accession made an expedition against Damascus as a reprisal for the assistance the city had given his enemy Hadadezer, king of Zobah.
- A subordinate of Hadadezer named Rezon (Rasun) succeeded in establishing himself in Damascus and in founding there a royal dynasty.
- The defeat of Hadadezer brought about the submission of other lesser kings.Advertisement